Inspiration from Jane Yolen:
Three writing rules I live by.
- Write something every day. (BIC).
- Revision is your best friend.
- A manuscript in the drawer or on the laptop that isn't sent out cannot be bought.
And two rules that even well known writers stumble over:
- the editor is your colleague, not your enemy.
- And a rejection is not the end of a dream.
- Rowling had over 30 rejections and when finally published it was in a very small edition by Bloomsbury in the UK.
L'engle's A WRINKLE IN TIME had 29 rejections.
Suess's first book book well over 30 rejections. As I understand it, he was ready to self-publish it. (enter editor, Bennett Cerf.)
Sunday, June 10, 2018
Writer's Quotes - Jane Yolen
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment