Friday, August 2, 2019
Slight Accident at Storytime
In a discussion on Facebook about Eric Kimmel's books, I offered this story:
I used Hershel in a story time at my library, and bought myself a menorah to light as the candles were mentioned. Unfortunately having little money, I bought a little one that used birthday candles.
So, I'm holding the book, telling the story, occasionally lighting the candles when all of a sudden a mom yells, "It's on FIRE!" I thought - okay. yes. the candles are on fire. She kept yelling and pointing so I looked down and -- one of the candles had tipped out of the menorah and was lying on the rug, still burning.
I quickly put it back in it's proper place and continued with the story.
You can bet that the next year I paid the money for a larger menorah that used larger candles in larger holes. 😀