Caldecott 75th Anniversary Task Force Member Tessa Michaelson Schmidt announces:
The yearlong celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the Caldecott concludes at the end of June at the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago. Be sure to enjoy the following free online offerings:
· David Ezra Stein will participate in a Caldecott 75th Anniversary Facebook Forum at 1 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, June 11, 2013.
Stein won a Caldecott Honor in 2011 for his illustration of "Interrupting Chicken," which he also wrote (Candlewick Press). As part of the Forum, ALSC will interview Stein about his Caldecott experience. This event is open to the public and a Facebook account is not required to view the event. Participants can access the forum via the ALSC Facebook page.
· Four webinars were offered free to ALSC members for the Caldecott 75th Anniversary celebration. Although the webinars have already taken place, they are now available to the public as webcasts (webinar recordings). At the Caldecott Academy , you can find links to these recordings:
1. "Caldecott Uncovered: What You've Always Wanted to Know About the Caldecott Medal",
2. "Expanding the Caldecott Experience: Programming with Caldecott Winning and Honor Books",
3. "The Fine Art of Children's Book Illustration",
and 4. "Get to Know the Caldecott Winners."
· Download our beautifully-designed Caldecott anniversary bookmarks<http://www.ala.org/alsc/caldecott-75th-anniversary-bookmarks> free-of-charge. The bookmark features the anniversary logo illustrated by Brian Selznick and clues to five characters, from past Caldecott Medal-winning books, which appear on the logo.
· Attending ALA Annual in Chicago?
Join us for a cocktail reception before the Newbery-Caldecott-Wilder banquet.
This entertaining video gives you an idea of the special festivities in store. See you on the red carpet!
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
75th Anniversary of the American Library Association Caldecott Award Celebration
Labels: 75th Anniversary of the Caldecott, ALA, American Library Association, many interesting links
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment