When I scheduled a week's vacation for the first week in February, simply to write, I didn't expect so much of the time to be eaten away with other things.
1. Because of the snowstorm on Saturday, I was not able to finish up the planning of the library's Summer Reading Programs. Therefore I have to go back to work on Monday and get them input into the programming database before the 5 pm deadline. (one day gone)
2. So far, Tuesday looks looks like the one day I can concentrate on writing projects.
3. Wednesday? I'll be meeting another writer to work on a joint project. (I'll probably be preparing this on Tuesday.)
4. Thursday -- The January library branch meeting was postponed to this Thursday. I'll be going into work to attend.
5. Friday -- School visit to my granddaughter's school where I will talk about doing research to the 4th and 5th graders. (I'll be preparing for this off and on during my 'writing' week.)
So much for having a week off dedicated to writing.
(I've put a request in to the branch scheduler for a week sometime in April. Maybe I can dedicate that week to writing -- and Spring Cleaning.) -wendieO
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This sounds like my life. I am trying to maintain my blog. But who has time when life so conveniently interferes? Hmmm. I am going to have to figure this out.
Post a Comment